Monday, April 27, 2009

Where Has the Time Gawne?

So first, let me explain the title.  Here in Louisville we are finding that we are much more Southern than we thought!  Imagine that!!!  I say gone with more of an "o" pronunciation and here most people say it with more of an "ah" pronunciation.  I'm sure that makes no sense to most of you reading, but anyway ....

Where has the time gone?  It seems like just yesterday we were packing up and preparing to move to Louisville.  We have been here nearly 4 months.  I can't believe it.  I REALLY can't believe that May is upon us.  I am ready for summer, I think!

Aaron finishes up regular classes this week and will have finals next week.  Please say a prayer for him during this week and next.  He will be stressed and be very busy trying to get everything finished up.  On top of that will be his work schedule.  I'm worried that he won't have time to study because of working.  He normally works until 9 pm on the nights that he works.

Boy, have we been BLESSED!  God has been so good to us, and we are so grateful.  He has used our BCBC family to provide for us and intercede for us.  We appreciate all of you so much.  Words really can not begin to describe how grateful we truly are to be a part of a wonderful fellowship of people who love the Lord and love each other.  We miss you guys greatly!

Just when we begin to feel so far away from home, we find someone who is from SC!  Last week we saw a guy with a Clemson tire cover and talked with him for a few minutes.  Last night we saw a guy sitting in a Clemson chair.  He is from Rock Hill.  I spot the Palmetto tree/crescent moon sticker all the time.  At least I know that there are glimpses of SC here.  Briggs' Cubbies teacher is getting ready to head to Hilton Head for vacation.  I am so jealous!

We have enjoyed some of the events that are leading up to The Kentucky Derby.  Last Saturday was Thunder Over Louisville.  We saw a little of the air show, but missed the majority b/c Aaron had to work.  We made down for the fireworks, and I certainly believe that they were the most awesome I've ever seen!  If you are ever in the area during Derby time, you must plan to be here for Thunder.  The fireworks were going off to music.  They lined one of the bridges crossing the Ohio River and then there were 8 (I think) barges that had fireworks being shot from them.  They were so beautiful.  I honestly began to think about fireworks in heaven and how magnificent they would be!  This past Thursday we went to the Balloon Glimmer.  If you're from SC, it was somewhat like Freedom Weekend Aloft.  There were several hot air balloons, and there was a count down once it got dark and all the balloons "glowed" with fire/hot air at the same time. Of course Briggs wanted to go on the inflatables.  We let him.  He jumped on one, and then wanted to go on the slide.  I ended up having to climb up after him and slide down with him.  I wasn't crazy about that!  :)  Then last night we saw Jason Crabb, Josh Wilson, and Big Daddy Weave in concert on the lawn by the River.  It was a great time of worship, and it was nice to see so many worshipping together.  I will say that I thought it was kind of funny or odd, I should say, that alcohol was being served at a booth next to the stage.  :)

We are adjusting to life here and are thankful for the Lord's hand upon us as we travel this journey.  God never told us it would be easy; He never said He would give us all the answers.  He told Aaron and me to go and that we should lean on Him during this journey.  That's what we are trying to do!

We thank you for your continued support and prayers.  We couldn't do this without those of you out there who pray for us and support us.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. He love endures forever.  1 Chronicles 16:34

No comments: