Friday, July 1, 2016

The Fight of Your Life

Have you ever felt like you were in the fight of your life?  Maybe not physically, but mentally or emotionally?  I’m sure there is a time that we can all think of where we just wanted to give up, to give in.  A time when there seemed to be no way out, no way to win.  I know I have.  And it’s hard.  Way hard.  Like, seemingly impossible.  But it’s not! 

It reminds me of something I sat and watched several years back.  There was a spider web outside my large window.  I looked out to see some sort of beetle stuck in that web.  I just assumed it was dead.  But as I looked a little closer, I saw it wiggling.  It was trying with all its might to free itself from the web.  And in that instant, the Lord whispered into my heart, “be like that beetle.  Fight with all you’ve got.  Don’t give in. And don’t give up.” 

Deuteronomy 31:6 says, “be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”  God was whispering to my soul that if I would fight, He would be with me.  I should not be in fear of my circumstances, because with God, all things are possible! 

Oh, how I’ve needed that reminder so many times since then!  “Be like that beetle. Fight with all you’ve got.  Don’t give in. And don’t give up.”  What about you?  Have you had those times in your life where you thought there was no way for you to make it out alive?  When you were literally fighting with all your might to stay afloat?  Remember God’s promises to us.  He is with us!  He will even do the fighting for us.  Exodus 14:14 (NLT) tells us, “the Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”


Such awesome truth in God’s word.  In those times when you are overwhelmed, when you are in the fight of your life, just trying your best to survive, cling to God and His word.  Trust in Him, and He will act (Psalm 37:5b).

No comments: