1. How was the trip?
2. What was it like?
AND then comes the big one once the other two are out of the way .... When are you moving there/Are you moving there?
Our answers:
1. the trip was great! It was very eye opening and I'm thankful that I surrendered to God's leading to go. I tried way too hard to get out of it and would have missed one of the greatest blessings of my life!
2. It was beautiful in places, and quite frankly, ugly in others like the city dump area. The people were so welcoming and genuine. The food was good, and I really mean it! Two nights in particular, the food was better than lots I've had at great restaurants in America. It was all around a neat place. I never knew that there were so many mountains in Guatemala (give me some slack here, because I am no geography buff!).
So as for the moving part, well, we just don't know. We talked with each other on Sunday night while we were eating at the airport in Atlanta about waiting for that "a-ha" moment and it never happened. Maybe it never will. Does that mean we won't move to Guatemala? Certainly not. We were both just waiting for a certain yes from God and we didn't get that. We will see. Throughout this whole process, this whole journey, there's only been one constant - that we want to serve God and and be obedient to Him. That is the only thing we know for sure, 100%. Everything else is still up in the air and left up to God. I will say that we are fairly certain about working with Hispanics (Latinos, Spanish-speaking peoples - which ever you prefer to call it). We have felt that since the beginning of our calling and so far that hasn't changed. We are still praying about where God would lead us and are open to where He wants to use us for His glory. We ask that you would join us in our prayer.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
No comments:
Post a Comment