Friday, May 20, 2011

Graduation # 2


I CAN NOT believe that my baby has graduated from kindergarten! Last night we celebrated his K5 graduation from New Song Christian Academy. He looked so handsome in his cap and gown. He even surprised us by walking across the stage by himself (well, almost anyway. He received a little help from Mrs. B)! He has learned so much this year at New Song, as well as at home. I am thankful that I have had a huge part in his education. I'm not against public education by any means, but there's nothing like the feeling of knowing that I have taught my child how to read and have grown with him as we have learned together this year. Last night as I sat at the graduation service, I knew that's exactly where we were supposed to be for this past year of school, and that homeschooling is the right decision for this next year as well. While I do not want to keep him "in a bubble" for his whole life, I am grateful for the privilege to homeschool him and send him to a supplemental program that teaches Christian values.

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6


getting his diploma


No comments: